DO YOU NEED ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
No one wants to hear that they need a root canal. But if there comes a time that you need one, Claremont Dental Institute can provide treatment and eliminate pain.
If you feel pain in your mouth that won’t go away, contact us to see if you need a root canal in Claremont, CA.
What is a Root Canal?
If a large cavity or injury damages the root of a tooth, the root becomes inflamed or infected. When this happens, you need a root canal to clean the infection.
- During a root canal, your dentist will numb your mouth and make an opening at the top of the tooth.
- He or she will then use a special file to clean and remove infection.
- A permanent filling takes the place of the infection to keep canals free from further infection.
- Lastly, your dentist places a cap on the tooth to seal everything in.
Do You Need a Root Canal?
If you need a root canal, chances are you’ll know. Your dentist will also have the ability to tell if you need a root canal. Here are several symptoms you or your dentist may notice:
- Pain. Whether you experience a slight or unbearable discomfort, most people feel a throbbing pain if they need a root canal.
- Swelling. Infected and irritated gums swell. This swelling may feel tender to touch or look dark red.
- Darkened teeth. Teeth that look slightly different in color indicate trauma. A tooth that looks slightly yellow or grey may indicate a dead root.
- Signs on the x-ray. Once in the dentist office, an x-ray will indicate whether or not you need a root canal.
—Dr. Vijay Patel
Let Us Help You
If you think you need a root canal, don’t prolong a visit to the dentist. Call Claremont Dental Institute at (909) 625-4101 to schedule root canal treatment in Pomona, Montclair, La Verne or surrounding areas.